Have you ever been at a picnic or a potluck and just couldn’t decide between the cupcakes or a chocolate chip cookie? Well, if so, today is your lucky day because they have joined forces to create what I like to call (drumroll please)…Death By Chocolate. Yes, that’s right, that is double chocolate chip cookie dough inside of a devil’s food cupcake, topped off with milk chocolate buttercream. What the what?!
For cookie dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet, being careful not to overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
- Form 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Freeze for (at least) two hours.
For the cupcakes: (I totally cheated on this one…shhh!)
- 2 boxes Devil’s Food cake mix, sifted
- 1 packet instant chocolate pudding
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs together.
- Add cake mixes, flour, water, and oil.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Add the frozen cookie dough on top (don’t press it down).
- Bake for 16 minutes on 350. Be careful not to over bake them, or you will end with a very dry center. Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing them from the pan.
For the frosting:
Using the basic buttercream frosting recipe, add 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
Here’s some oven action…
…and don’t worry, there aren’t any calories in this recipe. 🙂 Happy baking!