Nothing too fancy here! I just needed some quick and easy baking therapy on a slow afternoon in Northern Alabama and this is what the end result was…good ol’ peanut butter cookies. These taste just like the inside of a Reese’s cup, so if combined with a little Nutella, I would imagine they would be awesome! If anyone decides to make these, I’d love to hear how they turned out and if you made any changes to the recipe, since there are dozens of ways to modify it. Happy baking everyone!
Ingredients: (makes about 2 dozen)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking sode
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together shortening, butter, sugars, and peanut butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, blending well after each.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt and add into the wet ingredients, little by little. Mix well.
- Add oats and mix until just combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.